Thursday, October 29, 2015

First Line, Last Line.
Choose one of these lines to be the first line of your story and another to be the last line. The story should be short—one to two pages.

He bought 30 rubber duckies, just to be safe.

No, Grandma. You can’t have another piece of beef jerky.

I wasn’t surprised to find the dinosaur bones in her car.

It was four hours before I got off the ferris wheel.

I never should have told my sister what I really thought about her haircut.

Everything was fine until he revealed that he was a mime.

Everyone knows ghosts don’t know how to sing.

There’s no such thing as a normal day when you work in a toll booth.

I realized with a sinking feeling that I’d left the chicken in the microwave.

Against my better judgment, I took the rowboat out for one more trip.

He was the most handsome magician I’d ever seen.

When she finally got home, the postman was waiting for her.

The golf balls were a good idea.

My mother rollerbladed away, yelling “So long, sucker!”

Never trust a horse with a braided tail.

I don’t think I’ll ever get the Jeopardy theme song out of my head.

You couldn’t pay me a million dollars to go ice-fishing again.

They renamed the city after me.

Blackmailing my babysitter was a pretty bad idea.

The breakfast buffet was the biggest I’d ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment